Elk/Beaver Lake “A Tale of Two Lakes”: Can aging lakes be rejuvenated?
Oct 29 public form
University of Victoria, Fraser Building, Room 159
Public forum: 7-9pm
Information exhibition: 6-7pm (in Fraser Building Student Lounge)
Presented by the Environmental Law Centre and Victoria Golden Rods & Reels Society
Reasons to like Elk/Beaver Lake
- Over 1,000 acres of nature close to the city
- Summer beach time with friends or family
- Shoreline fishing on a Sunday afternoon
- Great place to walk your dog
- Rowing for sport or paddling for pleasure
- Watching Ironman competitions or January 1 polar bear swims
- It’s the headwaters of Colquitz Creek
- Walking or running through 10km of lakeside trails
- Identifying numerous plant and animal species
- All the above and more!
Many of these activities are now at risk as the health of the Lake is suffering. There are a number of reasons at play, but there are also solutions. Come to our public forum to learn more about what you can do to help improve water quality at Elk/Beaver Lake.
Let’s work together to make sure Elk/Beaver Lake is safe and clean!