ELC’s experts and reports are often featured in news media on a variety of subjects relating to environmental law. Below is a very small sampling of articles. For information about specific ELC reports, please see News & Events.
- BC’s ‘archaic’ mining laws urgently need update: 30 groups (2019 May 15) Narwhal
- BC’s Maritime Museum highlights shame of Great Pacific Garbage Patch (2019 Apr 13) CBC News
- Canadian company applies for permit for exploratory mining in headwaters of Skagit River (2019 Mar 21) Seattle Times
- Cooling the rhetoric on Canada’s environmental assessment efforts (2019 Mar 18) National Post
- BC needs to act quickly to prevent future mine-tailings disasters (2019 Mar 4) Province
- Jack Knox: Parksville environmental group wins fight to get information (2019 Feb 16) Times Colonist
- BC needs a ‘polluter pays’ policy for mines (2019 Jan 9) Province
- MPs’ motion important step toward eliminating plastic pollution (2018 Dec 22) Times Colonist
- Industry-hired experts downplay impacts of major projects: UBC study (2018 Dec 21) Narwhal
- Jack Knox: ‘Landmark’ victory for public access, but impact for Island is murky (2018 Dec 11) Times Colonist
Click on the headings below to see past news reports relating to the ELC.