ELC’s experts and reports are often featured in news media on a variety of subjects relating to environmental law. Below is a very small sampling of articles. For information about specific ELC reports, please see News & Events.
- BC needs a ‘polluter pays’ policy for mines (2019 Jan 9) Province
- Comment: MPs’ motion important step toward eliminating plastic pollution (2018 Dec 22) Times Colonist
- Industry-hired experts downplay impacts of major projects: UBC study (2018 Dec 21) Narwhal
- Jack Knox: ‘Landmark’ victory for public access, but impact for Island is murky (2018 Dec 11) Times Colonist
- BC MP celebrates ‘tremendous’ victory as plastics pollution motion passes House (2018 Dec 6) CBC News
- Parliament voting this week on Island MP’s private members bill on plastics (2018 Dec 1) CHEK News
- Ottawa introduces sweeping measures to protect remaining 74 southern resident killer whales (2018 Oct 31) CHEK News
- First Nations in Okanagan seek to protect environment heritage (2018 Oct 30) Vernon Morning Star
- Experts gather to discuss Okanagan water needs (2018 Oct 16) Salmon Arm Observer
- How post-truth politics is sinking debate on environmental assessment reform (2018 Oct 12) National Post
- Gold seekers are flooding into the Yukon and wreaking havoc on its rivers (2018 Sep 11) Narwhal
- ‘Do my best. Fulfill my obligations’: How Lana Lowe became a land champion for the Fort Nelson First Nation in the midst of a fracking explosion (2018 Sep 10) Tyee
Click on the headings below to see past news reports relating to the ELC.