ELC’s experts and reports are often featured in news media on a variety of subjects relating to environmental law. Below is a very small sampling of articles. For information about specific ELC reports, please see News & Events.
- BC must act now on single-use plastics (2019 Dec 1) Times Colonist
- The problem with bears in our backyards isn’t a bear problem at all; it’s a human one (2019 Nov 29) Globe and Mail
- BC First Nations should require full clean-up costs up-front for mines: new study (2019 Nov 8) Narwhal
- Groups call on BC to fund Indigenous monitoring of mines in traditional territories (2019 Oct 30) Narwhal
- ‘When are they going to ensure the polluter pays?’: proposed BC mining reforms don’t go far enough (2019 Oct 25) Narwhal
- BC municipalities commit to 100% renewable energy (2019 Oct 13) Vancouver Co-op Radio interview with Deborah Curran
- Two Victoria teenagers pitch their plan for reducing single-use plastics to BC’s environment minister (2019 Oct 9) CBC Radio
- Groups urge BC to ban single-use plastics (2019 Oct 8) CTV News Vancouver Island
- Teens want province to tackle ‘throw-away plastic economy’ (2019 Oct 8) Times Colonist
- ‘Indicative of a truly corrupt system’: government investigation reveals BC Timber Sales violating old-growth logging rules (2019 Oct 7) Narwhal
- Canada’s fossil fuel subsidies amount to $1,650 per Canadian. It’s got to stop. (2019 Oct 3) Narwhal
- BC’s human-wildlife conflict response needs reform (2019 Sep 20) Georgia Straight
- Thousands of BC’s endangered whitebark pine logged on private land (2019 Sep 5) Narwhal
- The old-growth logging shutdown (2019 Sep 1) Times Colonist
Click on the headings below to see past news reports relating to the ELC.