ELC’s experts and reports are often featured in news media on a variety of subjects relating to environmental law. Below is a very small sampling of articles. For information about specific ELC reports, please see News & Events.
- New report on rainwater and pollutants in the CRD showing negatives on our water bodies (2019 Jul 25) CFAX 1070 interview with Erin Gray
- A chance to save BC’s last ancient forests (2019 Jul 18) Times Colonist
- The government agency at the centre of BC’s old-growth logging showdown (2019 Jul 15) Narwhal
- Old-growth forest should be returned to 30% of original level, researchers say (2019 Jul 13) CBC News
- City to look at options after BC Court of Appeal sides with plastic bag industry (2019 Jul 11) Victoria News
- Mayor Lisa Helps vows to phase out single-use items after BC’s highest court quashes Victoria’s ban on plastic bags (2019 Jul 11) Georgia Straight
- Environmental law students push for 30 per cent forest protection in BC (2019 Jul 10) CBC Radio
- ‘Heads need to roll’: Five years after Mount Polley mine disaster, prospect of charges stirs hope for justice (2019 Jul 4) Star Vancouver
- US senators press Horgan to clean up BC mine water (2019 Jun 18) Kimberley Bulletin
- PM’s push for plastic-bag ban rooted at UVic (2019 Jun 13) Times Colonist
- Trudeau promises crackdown on plastic wastes — months after NDP MP won unanimous support for action (2019 Jun 10) Georgia Straight
- May is BC Mining Month (2019 May 22) CFAX 1070 interview with Calvin Sandborn
- Recovery of BC mining continued in 2018, but faces headwinds, new PwC report says (2019 May 17) Vancouver Sun
- BC’s ‘archaic’ mining laws urgently need update: 30 groups (2019 May 15) Narwhal
Click on the headings below to see past news reports relating to the ELC.